Hello.

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 10:31:52AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Is this approach still of use if many more tables are
> added?

As I said (in the not-quoted part) "[This] is the standard approach
for implementing a M to N relationship."

> so basically you create a lot of 'relations' tables to
> store key relations rather than store the relation in
> each table?

Not any relation. Only for M-to-N relations. This is basic database
theory and because I am not good at technical explanations, I suggest
you to read about normalization in some tutorial/book.

In the original example the need is not so obvious, because no
additional attributes are used. That was also the reason why I said
that one could argue whether that step is wanted there.

Regards,

        Benjamin.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]