Hi,
I tried to connect to a mysql database running on a
linux server using an odbc connection in windows 98. I
get the following message:

[TCX][MyODBC]Host x.x.x.x is not allowed to connect to
this MySQL server
(#1130)[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not
open (#0)

The username specified in the data source name is root
and I can ping the server where MySQLis running.

What did I do wrong or did not do at all on client or
server side?
Plase help me.