I am attempting to get mysql-max running with Innodb. I am using the
latest version .49 on a Redhat 6.2 server. The following is my my.cnf,
which I have placed in the /var/lib/mysql  directory:

# Example mysql config file for medium systems.
#
# This is for a system with little memory (32M - 64M) where MySQL
plays
# a important part and systems up to 128M very MySQL is used together
with
# other programs (like a web server)
#
# You can copy this file to
# /etc/my.cnf to set global options,
# mysql-data-dir/my.cnf to set server-specific options (in this
# installation this directory is /var/lib/mysql) or
# ~/.my.cnf to set user-specific options.
#
# One can in this file use all long options that the program supports.
# If you want to know which options a program support, run the program
# with --help option.

# The following options will be passed to all MySQL clients
[client]
#password       = your_password
port            = 3306
socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

# Here follows entries for some specific programs

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
skip-locking
set-variable    = key_buffer=16M
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable    = table_cache=64
set-variable    = sort_buffer=512K
set-variable    = net_buffer_length=8K
set-variable    = myisam_sort_buffer_size=8M
log-bin
server-id       = 1

# Point the following paths to different dedicated disks
#tmpdir         = /tmp/
#log-update     = /path-to-dedicated-directory/hostname

# Uncomment the following if you are using BDB tables
#set-variable   = bdb_cache_size=4M
#set-variable   = bdb_max_lock=10000

# Uncomment the following if you are using Innobase table
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:200M
innodb_data_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /var/lib/mysql/
set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_archive=0
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

[mysqldump]
quick
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
# Remove the next comment character if you are not familiar with SQL
#safe-updates

[isamchk]
set-variable    = key_buffer=20M
set-variable    = sort_buffer=20M
set-variable    = read_buffer=2M
set-variable    = write_buffer=2M

[myisamchk]
set-variable    = key_buffer=20M
set-variable    = sort_buffer=20M
set-variable    = read_buffer=2M
set-variable    = write_buffer=2M

[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout

Everytime I attempt to start the MySql server I get the following
error message:

020522 09:47:08  mysqld started
InnoDB: The first specified data file /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1 did not
exist:
InnoDB: a new database to be created!
020522  9:47:09  InnoDB: Setting file /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1 size to
400 MB
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
InnoDB: Operating system error number 22 in a file operation.
InnoDB: See http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html for installation help.
InnoDB: Look from section 13.2 at http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html
InnoDB: what the error number means or use the perror program of
MySQL.
InnoDB: File name /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.
020522 09:47:51  mysqld ended

Kent