Hello all, this is my first post to this list.  I am relatively new to
MySQL, and my question might be a basic one.

I have a table that contains both character and binary data.  I am
reading rows from the table using the function mysql_fetch rows() in a C
program.  I can obtain character data all right, but I cannot obtain the
values of binary data stored in the table as type DOUBLE.  My code looks
like this:

double dnum;
.
.
.
row = mysql_fetch_rows(result);

dnum = *row[1];     /* The data is stored in the 2nd column of the table */

printf("%10.2f",dnum);

When I execute this I get junk.  I know from inspection that there are
good values in the table.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice,
Michael Flora