Hello,

We currently have two MySQL server/clients running on a RH/Linux 6.2 box,
3.23.40(production) and 3.23.49(development) We would like to setup the .49 with
a TCP/IP host instead of a socket. The .49 is using the port 3307, the default
server hostname is justlightening.justlightening.net(216.118.81.2), but we would
like to setup a hostname something like mysql.justlightening.net

My question is, what is the best way to setup a hostname without using the
default server hostname for a TCP/IP connection, and do we need to enable
skip-networking(ON), right now it's OFF

thanks,

sql,mysql

Mike(mickalo)Blezien