I dont think the types of tables will really help you, because as I understand it
mySQL doesnt yet have stored procs, views, and sub-selects, regardless of table type...

I may be wrong though...

Taylor Lewick
Unix System Administrator
Fortis Benefits
816 881 6073

"Help Wanted.  Seeking Telepath..."
"You Know where to apply."

>>> "Don Vu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 05/29/02 03:02PM >>>
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any thoughts on using MySQL for a datawarehousing application?
Problems I've run in to are with mining data from a data warehouse because of the lack
of sub-selects, stored procs, and views.

Should I be looking more at InnoDB or MyISAM table types?

any thoughts are appreciated,
Don

Don Vu > Database Guy > Madstone Films
85 fifth avenue, 12th floor > new york > new york > 10003
p 212.989.4500 > f 212.989.7744 > www.madstonefilms.com

                        Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you