The thing is I'm looking for a solution with guaranteed transaction success. I have
thought about building a layer that would guarantee transaction success. Say I had
two duplicate databases and if a transaction failed on one it would still succeed
on the other. Once the transaction failed it should take the failed database out
of service. I believe this could be fairly straightforward but thought I would
check the list to see if someone had already built a product or setup some system
that would allow for this.

Dave Turner