Hi,

I have been using MySql very successfully on Linux for the past 1.5 years.
(a lethal combination)
This morning when I tried to login using MySqlFront, it seems that my
password has been changed. I was able to login to the server and restore it,
using the root password.
Upon further inspection i noticed the following files in the mysql
directory:

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 May 29 15:35 -h=172.16.22.40
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 May 29 15:36 --host=172.16.22.40

I was wondering how they got there, and how to delete them. These ip
addresses are not supposed to have anything to do with my server.

Then I want to know if mysql keeps a log of users who have logged in? Or is
this included in the log variable option? (which I don't currently use)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Rgds

Terence