If you can load the data into MySQL, put the date field into a CHAR(10)
field. After the data load, add a date field using ALTER TABLE. You
should then be able to run something like

        UPDATE TABLE tablename SET NewDate
                = CONCAT(
                           RIGHT(OrigDate,4),"-",
                           MID(OrigDate,4,2),"-",
                           LEFT(OrigDate,2)
                          );

You can then drop the original date column with alter table. If there
are more than 1 date fields just follow the same procedure for each one.
If there are several date fields in the converted database, you may want
to use an editor to build the multiple Alter/Update/Alter sequencies,
save as changedate.sql and then execute using

        MYSQL database name < changedate.sql

This lets you use copy paste to generate the multiple SQL statements
with minimal typing.

-------------------------

Another process which works if you have Microsoft Access is to

        Import the tables into an Access Database
        Create the tables in MySQL
        Link the MySQL tables into the Access database through an ODBC
DSN
        Build an APPEND query to copy the Access tables into the MySQL
tables
        Delete the Access database after verifying success

Moving the dates through the ODBC interface automatically converts the
DD-MM-YYYY format to the YYYY-MM-DD format used by MySQL.

Gordon Bruce
Interstate Software
US MySQL Training Partner

YYYY-MM-