On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 05:53:03PM +0300, Dmitry Alyabyev wrote:
> Is it possible to set up one mysql server *only* for listening on
> socket and transfer client requests to another one server through
> network connection ? Of course I mean return results too :-)

It sounds like what you want can be accomplished by a simple "port
forwarder" program (search for that phrase on Google) which listens on
one TCP/IP port and forwards the results to another TCP/IP port (which
would be the MySQL server on port 3306); this is independent of MySQL.

The only problem with this approach is that from the point of view of
the MySQL server, every client will seem to have the IP address of the
port forwarder.