Hello,

>You could maybe buffer the data in Your application
>and then run inserts later... like this.

This is not a solution for me as the data acquisition can take hours without
any break.

>I might be missunderstanding You since I don't get this together...
>   You wrote:
>   The following C++ code with mysql++ takes 5 seconds to
>   execute in my Athlon 1.33 machine:
>
>   And later on:
>   I'm shocked with the performance of MySQL, a similar query
>   to compute 1 million records takes 1.17 seconds in MySQL

>So , if "similar" query makes 1 million in about a second, how
>come You have problems with "only" 50 K/s with another "similar"
>query....

The code shown INSERTs 50.000 records in the database and takes 5 seconds to
run. My comment later about the query is about
the SELECT with a GROUP BY clause, it takes 1.17 seconds to compute 1
million records.

Thank you anyway, I'll be testing Jeremy's idea when I arrive home at night.

Best regards,
Cesar