Hello,

As I understood segmentation fault happens during compilation?
Segmentation fault happens always at the same point?

If not then it is a problem of your memory, try memtest86 to test your
memory (not your but your computer :) )

If it always happens at the same point than it is a kind of
incompatibility between MySQL sources and your compilation environment
(gcc, make, etc)

MySQL has very narrow set of "compatible" GCC versions. It should by
something from 2.95 and 2.91 families (even not whole families may be)
no less no more.

> I have tried this 3 times so far.... every time i do a 'make', after a
> while, i get this message:
>
>     make[2] *** [my_net.lo] Segmentation fault
>     make[2] Leaving directory '/home/per0xide/mysql-3.23.49/libmysql'
>     make[1] *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>     make[1] Leaving directory ' /home/per0xide/mysql-3.23.49'
>     make:*** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> i have tried it with 3 different versions.. 3.23.49, and 2 of the older
> versions... and they all crash the same way...
>
> i am running debian 2.2...
>
> anyone know what the problem could be, and how i can fix it?
>

> Thanks,
>
> James Thogmartin

Best regards,
Yegor