Hello Chris,

I would recommend to try to compile MySQL itself under cygwin (or you
already tried it?). Just use GCC version they suggest (I failed to
compiled it using GCC 3.1).

BTW, if you succeed, I would really appreciate if send me
mysqlclient-library compiled under cygwin.

CK> Anyone have any ideas on how to get MySQL to work under cygwin?

CK> I'm especially interested in getting a libmysqlclient which is compatible
CK> with cygwin so that I can use it to compile various other program which
CK> require the library...

CK> Currently, I run mysql 3.23.49-max for Win32 (NT 4.0) because I do most of
CK> my development thereon, but lately, I've been starting to integrate various
CK> DB and PHP related functions into my unix like system (which is currently
CK> non existent).

CK> Because of this, the closest I can find to running both a linux equivalent
CK> and a Win32 platform, is cygwin.... But alas... No mysql for cygwin, only
CK> for Win32?

CK> And I can't use the Win32 includes or libraries to compile other related
CK> software via cygwin, it complains about a incompatible host type...

CK> <snips lots of ./configure stuff>
CK> configure: warning: /cygdrive/d/mysql/lib/opt: invalid host type
CK> configure: warning: /cygdrive/d/mysql/include: invalid host type
CK> configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time
CK> </snip>

CK> Any idea's or help will be appreciated...

Best regards,
Yegor
Yegor Bryukhov, PhD student at GC CUNY
office:       4330