USING LOAD LOCAL INFILE....

Have a database file 15000± records however only approximately 8300 will
load in from the file. I found some of the records that did not load in and
they appear to be ok. So I emptied the loaded fields and tried to just load
approximately 180 records that did not load from the larger file. They all
loaded correctly.

Any suggestions on why they would not load from the big file?

Is there some kind of maximum number of records to load at a time?

using:
mysql
Mac OS X
bbedit to view and edit files.

Also tried loading the smaller file into the larger database file  (ie the
ones that were skipped ) and it won't do it using the LOAD LOCAL INFILE.....

Is there any problem with loading different files into the a table?

Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks for any help,
Ken