From: Javier Campoamor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 2:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Left join?

Hi,

I have a similar problem (with phones & calls) but I would like to select
only those elements that have less than a number.

Using the previous example, is like selecting only those interest elements
that have less that 5 members associated.

Something like this (obviously this doesn't work)

<query>
SELECT DISTINCT(mi.interest_id), COUNT(*) AS count, i.name
FROM member_interests AS mi left join outer interests AS i on
mi.interest_id = i.id

AND count < 5

GROUP BY mi.interest_id
ORDER BY i.name
</query>

Does anyone have an idea to solve this kind of problem? Does anyone know
where can I find a web site with complex queries?

Thank you

Javier