Hi,

I had an odd thing happen yesterday. I had replication running, the master
being on a server farm, the slave being in our office. I tested it early in
the morning by creating a table on the master, it showed up on the slave
right away.

Of course as soon(a few hours later) as I went to show my boss how cool
replication is, it didn't work. I created a table on the master and it
didn't show up on the slave. The next day, I came in and found the table
was sitting on the slave as it should be. Looking in the slave log file I
found the below:

020604  9:08:58  Slave: connected to master
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3306',  replication started in log 'www194-bin.001' at
position 946
020604 17:48:22  Error reading packet from server: Lost connection to MySQL
server during query (read_errno 22,server_errno=2013)
020604 17:48:22  Slave: Failed reading log event, reconnecting to retry,
log 'foobar-bin.001' position 43408
020604 17:48:27  Slave: connected to master
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3306',replication resumed in log 'foobar-bin.001' at
position 43408

I didn't lose the connection to the server farm since I was sshed in at the
time too. But still it seems to have just stopped for a time because of
this error.

That brings up the other question of what is the default connection retry?

"slave_net_timeout Number of seconds to wait for more data from a
master/slave connection before aborting the read."

I read this above, but could not find out what the default value is.

Thanks,

Eric