I looked at the same message you got and at the bottom it says to try
this address:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

So perhaps eliminating the "digest" part in your address will work.
Also, you have to do it from the same email account that you signed up
with but you probably did that.

>>> Bob Purvy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/05/02 13:36 PM >>>
I'm really sorry to send this to the whole list, but I've tried every
conceivable thing I can think of, over the last week, and none of it
works.  I promise this will be my only broadcast message, regardless of
what happens next (so you don't need to flame about it!)

specifically, I've tried:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(at least three times)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and the

the "List-Unsubscribe" header:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

and several other addresses, .  All ineffective.

for the last one, I got back this:

This is a generic help message. The message I received wasn't sent to
any of my command addresses.

--- Administrative commands for the mysql-digest list ---

   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To remove your address from the list, send a message to the address
in the "List-Unsubscribe" header of messages from the list. If you don't
know how to display headers and haven't changed E-mail addresses since
subscribing, you'll be successful with an e-mail to:
   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>