how can i setup a mysql server on a machine that is on the network to accept
connections from my machine. I downloaded the client and there is currently
a server running on a nother machine on the LAN. I inputed it's ip address
and username:root password: password for root and it says can't coonnec to
the ip. The ip is correct. Do i have to configure the mysql server to accept
the coonnecting, is it by default setup to disallow such connections?