Hello.

On Wed 2002-06-05 at 08:08:32 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  IS it possible to export a query from mysql in a specific format.
> I created a query-     SELECT id,title,class,grade FROM semester1; \T
> semester1
> but it exported the query in a table form.
>
> Can anyone tell me if you can export the query in another format----Tab
> delimited,cvs etc.

RTFM!

A search for "TAB" in the online manual find this as second hit:
  http://www.mysql.com/doc/m/y/mysql.html
which explains how to get a tab-delimited output

Also:

shell> mysql --help
mysql  Ver 11.11 Distrib 3.23.31, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)
[...]
  -B, --batch           Print results with a tab as separator, each row on
                        a new line. Doesn't use history file.
  -e, --execute=...     Execute command and quit. (Output like with --batch)
  -r, --raw             Write fields without conversion. Used with --batch

shell> mysqldump --help
mysqldump  Ver 8.12 Distrib 3.23.31, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)
[...]
  -T, --tab=...         Creates tab separated textfile for each table to
                        given path. (creates .sql and .txt files).
                        NOTE: This only works if mysqldump is run on
                              the same machine as the mysqld daemon.
[...]
  Use -T (--tab=...) with --fields-...
  --fields-terminated-by=...
                        Fields in the textfile are terminated by ...
  --fields-enclosed-by=...
                        Fields in the importfile are enclosed by ...
  --fields-optionally-enclosed-by=...
                        Fields in the i.file are opt. enclosed by ...
  --fields-escaped-by=...
                        Fields in the i.file are escaped by ...

If it is not obvious, the latter is used to create CSV files.

Bye,

        Benjamin.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]