(first some info and 'things that I want', then a few questions)

Hi

I'm actually using MySQL 4.0.1-alpha in a production system now. Only using
MyISAM tables. ( http://www.gnist.no )

The only problem I have is that sometimes the database crash with some
fulltext searches... And with only some words (combination of words), not
all. I have around 1-2 crashes every 24 hour.
Queries per second avg: around 35-40

I'm really looking forward to the 4.0.2 release. I hope we will get some
more options to tweak and customize the fulltext search/indexing.

One other thing. I ran a Solid Database earlier, and they had support for
indexed '%text%' search. Wildecard at start/end of search string. Why
haven't MySQL support for this? Just wondering...

But..
I can run resolve stackdump etc. from the #####.err log, but the #####.log
does not show where the database went down and restarted. So I'm not able to
see which query  most probably caused the crash. Is there some other way?

I'm not able to provide a 'test-case' before I'm able to find an example of
a query which crash the database...

Erlend Stromsvik

PS.
Any date on 4.0.2 release?