ok, rebooting didn't fix it, reinstalling myodbc didn't fix it, creating a
user "ODBC@localhost" fixed it.
all off a sudden i need a user named ODBC@localhost, and last i checked, i'm
the only one here that knows anything about how to use mysql here at the
office.  so what might have been changed that would cause this. MyODBC has
the correct username/password for the databases it uses.  MS Access can open
the ODBC databases without any problems (before i created the ODBC@localhost)
 its only the web server that seems to need the user. (ColdFusion & PHP)  and
how do i change it back to not need the odbc@localhost user anymore (again)?

and it turns out (just to mislead me even more...) Mozilla 1.0 running on
linux isn't working correctly with phpmyadmin using cookie auth. (don't know
if its just me, or just mozilla...)  after login in, it shows me 2 frames,
both with login screens.

On Thursday 06 June 2002 8:39, you wrote:
> Error Occurred While Processing Request
>
> Error Diagnostic Information
>
> ODBC Error Code = S1000 (General error)
>
> [TCX][MyODBC]Access denied for user: 'ODBC@localhost' (Using password: NO)
>
> The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
> (CFQUERY), occupying document position (3:1) to (4:39).
>
> Date/Time: 06/06/02 06:34:43
> Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020529
>
> it was working fine yesterday... what is probably the problem?
> also i can't use phpMyAdmin anymore from the same machine.  i can use the
> command line mysql just fine though.
>
> its running off of a win2k machine

To one large turkey add one gallon of vermouth and a demijohn of Angostura
bitters.  Shake.
                -- F. Scott Fitzgerald, recipe for turkey cocktail.