Hi,

I have a vb application which connects to mysql via ado/myodbc 3.51.03. In
it, users can choose to connect to databases on different machines. I
construct a connection string from the hostname, database etc. So far so
good.

The problem I have only occurs (as far as I can tell) on Windows XP, not
Windows 2000: If I try and connect to a host where mysql is not running, the
driver (or at least I assume its the driver), pops up an error message box,
saying [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'hostname'
(10061), then after clicking ok, the DSN Configuration Dialog is opened, but
hidden behind the application window. In contrast, on Windows 2000, no error
message box or dsn dialog appears at all (which I prefer).

I can't find any difference between the two machines except that the 2000
machine also has myodbc 2.5 installed, but not used.

ANY help appreciated!

ian