First, thanks for your response.

I don't have the error message in front of me, but it's something like:

# myisamchk -r table
Data rows: 56,402
Attempting to fix records:   0/0 something something
Data rows: 0
#

Next time it occurs I'll save the detailed error message.

MySQL doesn't crash.. if it did, that might be better! Instead it just
returns 127 errors and I have to take it down, fix table, bring it back up.

I'm going to change the code to do delete * from table where 1=1 instead
of truncate. I really hope that will solve my problem!

- Tom

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]