Hi ,

Does mysql  support urf-8 ? It is a good question.

Most of the online , even  references say mysql does not support utf-8.
But , I have tried this , i am able to insert and get back data with utf-8
format.
Many Utilities , like mysqldump properly  extract data in utf-8.  Simalarly
mysql ( client ) also  can insert data.

However in inter-active session u can't manipulate in utf-8.
U can't directly feed , mysql with utf-8 .
I think this is where mysql fail to tackle utf-8 data.

To finalize ,  discussion   u can use mysql as utf-8 database.
But some of the tools with mysql may not work.

I have now a complete portal running in mysql + php  in utf-8.

Regards,
shahzad