From: César L. Aracena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MySQL General <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 8:23 PM
Subject: Here's something

Hi all. This is my first post here, so please be patient with me.

I don't know if there's a program already made that does what I need, so
I don't have to "reinvent the wheel". I'm using PHP & MySQL to make most
of the web sites and web-based Corporate Intranet's programs. What I
need now, is to make a program that can keep track of a social club
affiliates and their monthly payments. Also keep track of the teachers
and classes hours. Because I'm taking my first steps into RDBM's, I
would appreciate very much all the help I can get in order to create the
perfect DB structure.

What I have in mind, is something like this:

Table users (user_id, affil_number, last_name, first_name, etc.)

Table teachers (teach_id, last_name, first_name, etc.)

Table classes (class_id, name, hours)

Table teach_clases (class_id, teach_id)

Table payments (payment_id, user_id, month, year, main_fee, class1_fee,
class2_fee, etc.)

What I need to do is show, as an example, the total payments made by
affiliate # 0345 in the last 12 months. Other example would be to show
all the persons who hasn't paid last month fee.

Is what I'm thinking correct or should I consider doing some other table
or perhaps changing one that's already made?

Thanks in advance,

Cesar Aracena
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CE / MCSE+I