> both InnoDB and MyISAM keep also dynamically statistics about tables. In
> most cases running ANALYZE TABLE does not bring any benefit in query
> optimization.

Personally, I'm pretty shocked to hear you say this. I was under the
impression that running ANALYZE TABLE was a "good thing" and helped ensure
the key distribution for the table in question was up to date. I've seen a
lot of other posts on this list from people who advocate running ANALYZE
TABLE on a regular basis. You're saying this in not necessary?

Thanks,
--jeff