Hi

I've got MySQL-4.0.1-2.i386.rpm installed on a PC here.
But I would like to do some changes to the fulltext search. Since I have to
compile from source to be able to change the stopword, can I make it so that
I only have to replace the old mysqld executable?
( downloaded mysql-4.0.1-alpha-pc-linux-gnu-i686 source code )

This is from the reference manual:
-The mysqld server is installed in the `libexec' directory rather than in
the `bin' directory.
-The data directory is `var' rather than `data'.
...... + some more

So I guess I can't just compile it without doing some 'extra things'.

Would this script help:
scripts/make_binary_distribution?

Regards
Erlend Stromsvik