* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> When I try to make a backup executing the sql:
>  backup tb_name1, tb_name2 to 'c:\temp'
>
> and I have a error like
>
> "Failed copying .frm file: errno =3D 2"

Strange... I get:

mysql> backup tb_name1, tb_name2 to 'c:\temp';
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'tb_name1, tb_name2 to
'c:\temp'' at line 1

This is because the correct syntax is "BACKUP TABLE..."

> What I have to do in this case.

You should find out what error 2 means... use the perror utility:

C:\mysql\bin>perror 2
Error code   2:  No such file or directory

Are you sure you have a directory called "c:\temp"?

Also, in mysql you have to escape backslashes, because backslash _is_ the
escape character... use double backslashes: "C:\\temp"

I don't have a "c:\temp" folder, when I try this on my w2k, mysql version
3.23.30-gamma, I get this:

mysql> backup table testme to 'c:\\temp';
+--------------+--------+----------+------------------+
| Table        | Op     | Msg_type | Msg_text         |
+--------------+--------+----------+------------------+
| test2.testme | backup | status   | Operation failed |
+--------------+--------+----------+------------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

...and when I use an existing directory:

mysql> backup table testme to 'c:\\trash';
+--------------+--------+----------+----------+
| Table        | Op     | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+--------------+--------+----------+----------+
| test2.testme | backup | status   | OK       |
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

I tried to change permissions on the .frm file, so that mysql can not read
it, then I got Msg_text: "Can't find file: '.\test2\testme.frm' (errno: 13)"

C:\mysql\bin>perror 13
Error code  13:  Permission denied

This does probably not answer your question, but hopefully I helped you to
get a little bit further with the problem... :)

--
Roger