Hi,

we want to lock the Memory which the MySQL allocs.
We use the memlock option in the my.cnf file but it wont work
so we expected. Now we run the MySQL as user root (user entry in the
my.cnf) and it works.

In the documentation stood that running the MySQL under the root user is not good,
but to lock the MySQL in memory i must do that.
Is there a way that the mysql can lock the memory and using a normal mysql
userid.

The aim is that we dont want the mysql processes to swap on the
harddisk.

Here is the Version:

mysql  Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.47, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

on a SuSE 7.1 Host with

2 CPUs with 800 MHZ Intel Pentium III

Thanx Stefan