Heey Folks,

I'm having a slight problem with the timestamp column format. When I alter a
table and, add a column of type timestamp all records get the current
timestamp, that's ok. When i insert a new row, all records get the current
timestamp. That too is ok. But now, when I update one row of the table, that
row gets a new timestamp. And that's not what i'd like it to do. Does
somebody have any idea on how this can be prevented?

I've tried to make the column of type int(14) and then set now() or
UNIX_TIMESTAMP as default value, but that just results in a very well known
error 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'NOW()' at line 1).

Thanks !
Wouter

(ps. beer for the helper .. if you'd come up with some idea to give it to
you)