Hi,

I would not rely on the "insertion order" if I were
you. Honestly, I don't know how MySQL deals with it
but servers such as Microsoft SQL Server or even
Access won't provide a deterministic order unless you
sort using sort by.

I recomend you to use sort by anyways if you need the
result sets sorted, you never know if you want to
migrate to another platform. To make things a little
bit faster, you can create some sorted indices.

Good Luck!