Hi,

I'm trying to upsize an application to MS Access front-end and a MySQL
backend. The problem I'm encountering is that some of the data written from
a bound form depends on an auto-number field, which in the case of MySQL
isn't updated from Null until the record is written by moving onto the next
new record.

So in effect what I would like to do is force the record to be written in
the after-update event of an object on the form so that either the form or
corresponding text box with the auto-number displayed can be updated so the
data 'exists' for the later writes to take place.

I'm sure this should be pretty simple but haven't been able to find anything
about it. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Alex