Hi,

I'm just trying out the hotbackup utility (http://www.innodb.com/hotbackup.html)
for a MySql InnoDb based database and was hoping somebody could
help me with a few questions about the utility and InnoDb:

1. Firstly I'd like to know how mature the hotbackup utility is. The
implementation I require it for could become quite intensive and is a
critical piece of functionality of the system, so I need to know that
the utility is stable. (Has anybody used it and what are your
experiences of it?)

2. The hotbackup utility only backs up the data of our InnoDb database
and not the .frm files containing the table definitions. Is there any
way that you can lock the table definitions while still allowing for
data insertion, deletion and modification? I basically want to ensure
that the .frm files aren't modified while I back up the data.

3. If anybody can give me specifics on what kind of queries and actions
will modify the .frm files that would also be useful. (I'm not all that
worried about ALTER TABLE and CREATE TABLE as the system is not dynamic
on that level, but DROP TABLE might be an issue.)

Regards,
-H