Hello,

I tried the FULLTEXT example from the manual
(http://www.mysql.com/doc/F/u/Fulltext_Search.html) and run across some
problems. On some search terms, I get a result set and others I do not.

The query -> SELECT * FROM articles WHERE MATCH (title,body) AGAINST
('database') returns a result, while the query -> SELECT * FROM articles
WHERE MATCH (title,body) AGAINST ('following') does not.

Also, how can I search for multiple search terms within a full text column
('database design' for example)?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

--Kevin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=================

CREATE TABLE `articles` (
  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `title` varchar(200) default NULL,
  `body` text,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  FULLTEXT KEY `title` (`title`,`body`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO `articles` VALUES("1","MySQL Tutorial","DBMS stands for DataBase
...");
INSERT INTO `articles` VALUES("2","How To Use MySQL Efficiently","After you
went through a ...");
INSERT INTO `articles` VALUES("3","Optimising MySQL","In this tutorial we
will show ...");
INSERT INTO `articles` VALUES("4","1001 MySQL Trick","1. Never run mysqld as
root. 2. ...");
INSERT INTO `articles` VALUES("5","MySQL vs. YourSQL","In the following
database comparison ...");
INSERT INTO `articles` VALUES("6","MySQL Security","When configured
properly, MySQL ...");