Hi...

> I'm trying to set up a MySQL database on a hired server, and the only
> way they will let it work is to use localhost, which means I have to
> admin the database from within PHP scripts, at least as far as I
> understand it.  Is there something other than phpMyAdmin that will let

> me do this?  Or am I going to have to <groan /> write my own manager?

[César L. Aracena]

As I am as new as the day to this, I don't know about many applications
"yet" but I also work with a hired server and "localhost" as the MySQL
address... What I did, and works very well, is download the MyCC from
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/gui-mycc.html. MyCC is a binary GUI that
will help you manage your RDBMs with no problem.

In the server address type www.yourdomain.com, your username and your
password. The server will show you all the DBs that it holds, but only
grant you access on yours. After that, you can manage all your tables
and/or DBs (if many granted) with SQL queries.

Another great utility that was finger-pointed in these lists, was
DBTOOLS (www.dbtools.com.br) which lets you manage the tables within
your remote dbs but also manage the users and do things like import
tables from access... cool huh?

> 'Preciate any help.

[César L. Aracena]

ur welcome.