Clay,

Thank you, this sounds very promissing! I will try this and let you
know if it helps. This will take a few weeks because the vacation is
here soon.

/Aryan

>Aryan,
>
>I faced a similar problem, as have a few other people on the list, it seems.
>On the recommendation of another Mac OS X MySQL user (the extremely helpful
>Tony Niesz), I compiled my own MySQL server (rather than using the one Apple
>distributes or the binary Marc Liyanage maintains). Prior to running
>./configure, I typed:
>
>     setenv CFLAGS -DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH
>
>My MySQL server -- running on a dual 500mhz G4 averaging 25 queries per
>second, which was crashing several times per day -- has run without a hitch
>for nearly 3 weeks since I did this.
>
>That's two weeks on 3.49.50, and a week on 4.0.1-alpha. Both have been
>rock-solid with that -DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH CFLAG value set.
>
>If you can compile on your own, I'd recommend going that route. I believe
>Tony Niesz is working on compiling a bug report/"heads up" to send to the
>MySQL team, Apple and Marc Liyanage. I don't know if he's sent that yet, but
>in the meantime I'd recommend trying this.
>
>Good luck!
>
>-Clay
>

>>  From: Aryan Schmitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>  Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:02:08 +0200
>>  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>  Subject: MySQL stability on OS X
>>
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  Is anyone using MySQL with PHP and Apache on Darwin/OS X as a dynamic
>>  content webserver with medium/high load?
>>
>>  We have had al lot of MySQL crashes (once a week) on a 400Mhz G4
>>  getting an average of 5 SQL queries per second and eventually had to
>>  move the database to an old Linux 160Mhz Pentium server which has not
>>  had a single crash since then!
>>
>>  Would be nice to now why MySQL seems so unstable under load on OS X.
>>  We tried an old G3 233 Mhz as well but then MySQL crashed already
>>  after some hours with the same load.
>>
>>  Kind regards,
>>  Aryan

     Aryan Schmitz                                      Korridor AB
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://www.korridor.se
     Tel +46 8 720 41 50                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     Fax +46 8 720 41 60                               Tantogatan 5
     GSM +46 70 749 66 84                         118 67  STOCKHOLM
     SMS mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     Sweden