On Friday 21 June 2002 09:54, Keith C. Ivey wrote:
> On 21 Jun 2002, at 15:43, Stefano Incontri wrote:
> > ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Load (IL,Item_ID)
> > ) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='SCM Internal Loads table'' at line 12
>
> "LOAD" is a reserved word in MySQL, so you need backticks around it.
> Have you tried using the --quote-names option in mysqldump?
>
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/m/y/mysqldump.html

On top of what Keith says, it is a lot more efficient to create the index
AFTER you load the data anyway. Given that the data is a restore of
known-good values which shouldn't ever violate the unique key constraint
there is no advantage in creating the index before loading. With large
amounts of data the difference in performance could be considerable. I'm only
working from memory here, but I think there are also some parameters related
to transactions and InnoDB tables you want to look at as well when you load
up large amounts of data.