Really?

MONTH(date)
      Returns the month for date, in the range 1 to 12:

      mysql> SELECT MONTH('1998-02-03');
              -> 2

There're other functions that will also be useful tools for you to achieve what
I can only guess is your goal.  I can think of 10 ways off-hand to solve your
problem using the MySQL APIs.

But, remember:  all MySQL can give you is the tools (and, having great
documentation for those who have the tenacity to self-educate effectively is
nice to get for free, also).

"How i can calculate the months between two dates?"  The tools are right before
you, as you've stated; use them.

Best Regards,
Van
Linux rocks!!!   http://www.dedserius.com/