Hi guys,

I want to migrate data from SQL Server 2000 to Mysql.I have two
problems. First is easy one,

First problem is to migrate big fields which had type varchar(7900) or
so I tried using Text datatype of mysql, is that the right one or I
should have used BLOB. That field doesnt contain any image informtaion
or any special information. Only at one place it stores data which is a
"email"

I am using command

LOAD DATA INFILE "c:/mysql/roma/mailmessagetext_table.txt" INTO TABLE
mailmessagetext_table;

Data which i export from sql server is tab dilimited .

Another problem is, For the field messagetext - varchar(7900), it doesnt
migrate the only migrated few characters, as this field stores emails.
so it has some enter chanracters. SQL server saves them as a special
character. But when i try to import, then Mysql cuts the field at that
special character, and does not take rest of string.

e.g., if i have data like

dear roma,

how are you

thanks

abc

it will import only "dear roma," as it will find a enter character at
the end. I tried using BLob field instead. I tried exporting data using
pipe delimited , that does not work either.

Please help

Thanks

Roma