Victoria Reznichenko wrote:

> Brandon,
> Saturday, June 22, 2002, 9:00:49 PM, you wrote:
>
> BM> Is there any particular reason that anyone knows of that would prevent
> BM> mysql 3.23.51 for windows from working upon the execution of the SHOW
> BM> STATUS FROM tablename query?
>
> BM> In Linux it works fine, in windows it crashes mysqld with an illegal op.
> BM> Any other SHOW command works but the one I really need for a PHP app to
> BM> work.
>
> There is no command SHOW STATUS FROM in the MySQL. You can use SHOW
> TABLE STATUS:
>       http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/H/SHOW_TABLE_STATUS.html

my mistake, SHOW TABLE STATUS is what I meant. But anyway I found the
problem so this is no longer an issue. My db was created with 3.21.x and
I believe SHOW TABLE STATUS wasn't developed until 3.23.x so I recreated
my db using 3.23.51 and the command worked w/o crashing mysqld. I'm
assuming the fact it was created with an older version was the problem;
at the very least the new version creating the db solved whatever was
wrong.