Hi,
My mysql error file (hostname.err) had grown to 11G on Red Hat 7.0, kernel
2.4.3, file system type ext2. As I understand it, file size in Terrabytes
can be supported under this kernel version, however, mysql semi-crashed at
this point, meaning I could not connect to it remotely (I could connect
locally but that didnn't help much).
I had to kill -9 the process, a simple kill wouldn't work and even after
that one mysql process was left hanging which a 'kill -9' wouldn't kill
either.
When I tried to bring mysql back up it complained about the error file being
too large.
I had to reboot the server finally to get everything to work. Has anybody
seen this before and can explain why it happened?

The other question is, Before I brought down the server and after I brought
it up, I have been seeing the following message in my .err file:
020625  0:08:13  Error in accept: Invalid argument
for probably every single query that gets executed. This is what is filling
up my *.err file to 11GB in the first place. The results of the query seem
to look fine but I get these errors in the error file...anyone know what
they mean?

Thanks,
Bhavin.

Thanks a lot,