Hi all
I have installed mysql 3.23.25 on solaris 7. It was
installed in /usr/local/mysql. When I run the
safe_mysqld scritp, the mysql daemon starts withouut
any error and the ps command shows that mysql is
running. However from localhost when I try to connect
to server through /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql or
/usr/local/mysql/mysqladmin, it always dumps core. I
have also tried these command with -h option by giving
both ip address and hostname. It also failed. I also
tried to use localhost with -h and failed again.

Is there anybody who can give me the solution of this
problem?

Thanks
Aqeel