I'm trying to retrieve a particular field using C API.  When I use this
select statement from the mysql client it retrievs the correct result:

mysql>SELECT ap_senders FROM mailtable WHERE pw_name='regis' and
pw_domain='mbpost.com';

But...

In the C function listed below:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <mysql.h>

int main(char **args)
{
        MYSQL_RES *result;
        MYSQL_FIELD *field;
        MYSQL *connection, mysql:
        int state;

        mysql_init(&mysql);
        connection = mysql_real_connect(&mysql,"localhost","root","",\
        "mailtable",0,NULL,0);

        if(connection == NULL) {
                printf(mysql_error(&mysql));
                return 1; }

        state = mysql_query(connection, "SELECT ap_senders FROM\ mailtable
WHERE pw_name='regis' and pw_domain='mbpost.com'");

        if (state != 0) {
                printf(mysql_error(connection));
                retrun 1;}

        result = mysql_store_result(connection);
        printf("Found %d field\n", mysql_num_fields(result));

        while ( ( field = mysql_fetch_field(result)) != NULL) {
        printf("approved sender ID; %s\n", *field);  //problem here!

        mysql_free_result(result);
        mysql_close(connection);
        printf(Done.\n");
}

It compiles without error or warning but instead of getting the results
of what is in the field - I get the name of field.  The output is:

Found 1 field
approved sender ID; ap_senders
Done.

Of course ap_senders is the field name, not the query result.  So, I'm
obviously asking for the wrong thing somewhere - any comments or
suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regis