At 09:46 PM 6/27/2002, you wrote:
>hi,
>I had installed mysql 4.0 in win 2000.
>I used Command Prompt to connect to mysql and do all the sql query there.
>It is often/normal that we can make mistake in the typing.
>When i encounter this typing error,the mysql just like 'hang' it there.
>In order to solve this,the only way i know is press "Ctrl + c" key to
>abort,and re-connect again.
>But is there any other method instead of pressing "Ctrl+c" key?

If you want to terminate the sql command, enter "\c" without the quotes and
this gets you back to the "mysql>" prompt..
If you want to go back and correct a line, use the up arrow key and edit
the line. You can then use the down arrow followed by ENTER to re-submit
that line.
If you want to be more productive, get a MySQL GUI like MySQL Front. Your
fingers will thank you for it. :)
http://www.anse.de/mysqlfront/

Mike