At 10:54 PM 6/27/2002, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>Just was curious to know...
>I saw a posting by one of the guys here that Yahoo uses MySQL.
>Is this true..
>Any idea how many MySQL servers does Yahoo Use amd for which domain they use
>MYSQL.
>
>-Arul

Arul,
                 How much hoo could a Yahoo hoo, if a Yahoo could hoo hoo. :-)
         Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's been a long day.

         I don't know if they're running MySQL, but Yahoo is running
FreeBSD. Their server has been up for 28.99 days and their max uptime was
64.59 days.

         Compare that to www.mysql.com.
         The site www.mysql.com is running Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)
mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a mod_mysql_include/1.2b PHP/4.2.1 on Linux.
         www.mysql.com has been up for 279.01 days and the max was an
amazing 492.34 days.

         Surely www.msn.com can beat that! With all their technology.
         The site www.msn.com is running Microsoft-IIS/5.0 on Windows 2000
         Site has been up for 14 days running on Windows 2000. The max was
151.08 days. www.microsoft.com doesn't fare much better which averaged a
measly 34 day uptime over the past year. If this isn't a plug for Linux
webservers, I don't know what is.

         Want to know more? See www.netcraft.com .

Mike