Barn.

I asked the same question couple of weeks ago and all the answers I got
pointed to one way encryption. Actually, I had the same need that you,
but understood that it was better to reset the password when a "Forgot
password" was made, send it to the user and ask them to change the
password at the next login.

I suppose you have the same problem that I had... few users who would
get angry if such thing is asked to do. But then I realize that if I
used a very common "words" list to generate random passwords, they might
even learn that password without changing it.

After all the responses I've get regarding this issue, I never got the
answer to how do a two way encrypting so, if this doesn't help you...