On 1 Jul 2002, at 12:30, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

> What should I be doing instead? The docs don't seem to specify this,
> and there doesn't seem to be an "ignore" or "replace" option for the
> mysql command. Do I actually have to drop all the tables on my
> development box before loading in from the backup?

Have you seen the --add-drop-table option (see
http://www.mysql.com/doc/m/y/mysqldump.html), or is that what you
mean by your reference to dropping the tables?  Without dropping the
tables, how would you get rid of records that have been deleted?

(Still writing for "Copy Editor"?)

[Filter fodder: SQL]

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>