All: I am re-posting this in case someone may have an answer.

RE: MySQL 4.01-max, InnoDB, Solaris, Raw device support

Has anyone had any specific experience implementing a RAW DEVICE InnoDB
tablespace under Sparc Solaris?

A specific few lines in my.cnf would be very helpful...

As we are using a SparcStorage Array, our device pathnames look something
like:

Innodb_data_file_path=/dev/rdsk/c1t4d0s7:1Gnewraw   (OR)
Innodb_data_file_path=/dev/dsk/c1t4d0s7:1Gnewraw

Either of these options gives us an operating system error number 2 ...
------
I have also tried things like:

innodb_data_home_dir = /dev/
innodb_data_file_path = rdsk/c1t4d0s7:1Gnewraw

Also with no luck.

Are there specific Solaris slices we should be using??  Can't find any docs
on this.

Please note: using 'standard filesystem' InnoDB filespaces, everyting works
AOK under this installation...

Any help is appreciated.

Lou