I wasn't entirely sure what you wanted - do you want to change the
table's column names? If so, then do what the message below suggests.
And yes, you can do it all in one query:

    alter table mytest
    change my_1 my_file_1 varchar(5),
    change my_2 my_file_2 varchar(5),
    ...and so on

See

    http://www.mysql.com/doc/A/L/ALTER_TABLE.html

for more info.

If my_1, etc are VALUES in a column, and you want to modify them, you
can do this:

    update your_table_name
    set your_column_name =
       concat('my_file_', substring(your_column_name, 4))

See

    http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/t/String_functions.html

for more info.

        -steve

At 2:32 PM -0400 7/2/02, Anil Garg wrote:
>thanx for ur mail, m sorry in dint mention that infact its a big table...
>Is there a way i can do it in all the columns using only one query ??
>thanx
>anil

| Steve Edberg                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| University of California, Davis                          (530)754-9127 |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin               http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |