How about:

select some_data from the_table order by the_date ASC limit 1

?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Solsberry, Glendon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoye : vendredi 5 juillet 2002 16:52
A : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : MIN/MAX Date Field

Is there a way to select some data from a table where the date field is
the MIN() of that date column?  Aka, if I have 100 rows of data, and the
MIN() date is 1/1/2000, then I want to select the data that is from
1/1/2000.  Can this be done without doing a multi-table join, or is that
the only way to handle this???

Mysql, table

-------------------------

Glendon Solsberry
Internet Programmer
Tricon Global Restaurants
tel. (502) 874-6736
fax (502) 874-8818

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you
are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to
others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete
this communication from your system.  Failure to follow this process may be
unlawful.  Thank you for your cooperation.